Thursday 15 September 2011

Raising Arizona - Pitch Perfect


Edgar Wright said of Raising Arizona "There is more visual and verbal wit in the opening 15 minutes than some comedy writers or directors manage in their entire career." He's right. It's a contender to be my favourite film of all time and this opening 10 minutes is totally perfect. It's also the reason Nicolas Cage can do very little wrong in my book, he is incredible in it. No matter how bad he is in a film, or how bad a film he is in, he always has a touch of the H.I. McDunnough about him.

Some points:

  • "Don't forget his profile, Ed" "Don't forget his phone call, Ed" "Don't forget his fingers, Ed" "Don't forget the bouquet, Ed" 
  • The way that Ed pronounces FiancĂ©e.
  •  The flash after McDunnough turns to the side on his bunk.
  •  "You ate sand!?".
  • "Ok then".
  • "I'm walking in here on my knees, Ed".
  • "This woman, that looks as fertile as the Tennessee Valley, could not bear children. But the doctor explained that her insides were a rocky place where my seed could find no purchase."
  • The perfect music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me How Wrong I Am